1. Who we are
We are Acumen Publications (collectively we or us). Our office is at 4 Thornhill Bridge Wharf, Caledonian Road, London N1 0RU. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address above or by phone at +44 (0) 207 278 6674
2. Information which we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information which you give to us. This is information about you that you give us by communicating with us via this website, by phone, e-mail or otherwise (including via social media). This might be your name, contact details and information you provide to us. We do not require or request you to provide any more sensitive information in your initial enquiry.
- Information which we collect about you. With regard to your use of our website we will collect the following information from your devices:
- internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet and access our platform
- technical information, including (without limitation) the type of mobile device you use to access our platform, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, and/or the mobile phone number used by you device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, or time zone setting, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform etc.;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our platform (including date and time), products/services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
|This cookies is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the colllection of data on high traffic sites.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.
|5 months 27 days
|This cookie is set by Google. In addition to certain standard Google cookies, reCAPTCHA sets a necessary cookie (_GRECAPTCHA) when executed for the purpose of providing its risk analysis.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.
|This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users’ unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways. These are categorised depending on our legal reasons for doing so:
- LI – Legitimate Interests – this is where we have legitimate interests as a business in undertaking certain tasks to benefit you and us; and
- LR – Where we have a legal requirement to process your data.
Information which you give to us. We will use this information to:
- host, manage and provide access to the website (LI);
- maintain and improve the services provided via the website (LI);
- respond to and maintain records about your correspondence in line with our legal obligations, including fraud prevention (LR); and
- comply with our legal and regulatory requirements (LR).
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our devices and/or website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (LI);
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device (LI);
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features from time to time of our website (LI);
- as part of our efforts to keep our platform safe and secure (LI); and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements (LR and/or LI).
5. Disclosure of your information
We will not share your personal information or derivatives of it with third parties.
6. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our platform and our services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Access to the information which you have provided will be limited to authorised persons as required for the purposes identified above as well as IT security and maintenance.
8. Retention of your data
We will retain your personal data on our systems for as long as you continue to use our services. This is based upon our need to maintain a record of your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy and based upon the period of limitation in any legal claim (in relation to which we may need access to or be compelled to disclose personal data relating to you) being a maximum of 6 years after last use of the website or contact with us.
9. Your rights
Your rights as set out below are subject to exemptions and limitations. We will advise of these should you make a request.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, commonly known as subject access requests. These are usually free of charge, however we reserve the right to charge a fee where we are entitled to do so by data protection law.
You have the right to lodge a complaint relating to our processing of your personal data with the relevant supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their website can be found at www.ico.org.uk. However if you do have any concerns we would welcome the opportunity to resolve them with you first – please get in touch using the details above and we will do our best to resolve them.
You have the right to have corrected any personal data which we hold and which relates to you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
You have the right to request erasure of any personal data which we hold relating to you in certain limited circumstances and to prevent its processing in specific circumstances.
You have the right to “block” or suppress our processing of personal data relating to you in certain limited circumstances.
In some circumstances, you have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data held by us for your own purposes or to transfer to another provider.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest in doing so (i.e. where we set out “(LI)” above.
You have the right to object to marketing. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we may use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details above.
12.Version number and date